23” (59 cm) around, 8” (20 cm) high
This list contains affiliate links that provide me with a small commission if you purchase your supplies from them.
- Lion Brand Landscapes (worsted weight, 100 g/3.5 oz, 134 m/147 yds)
- I used one full ball of Mountain Range
- 6.5 mm (k/10.5) hook
- tapestry needle
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- Ch 1 or ch 2 at the beginning of a row does not count as a stitch.
- Your stitch count at the end of every row should be 25 stitches.
- The tutorial photos were taken using worsted weight yarn and a 5.0 mm (H/8) crochet hook, since the color of landscapes did not photograph well.
Start with a slip knot on your hook and ch 26
row 1: sc in the 2nd ch from hook, and each ch across
row 2: ch 2, turn, dc in each st across
row 3-5: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across
row 6: ch 1, turn, hdc in each st across
row 7-9: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across
Repeat rows 2-9 until your cowl reaches your desired length, or you use all the yarn.
Twist the ends once and sl st or sew the two edges together and weave in any ends.