As promised, here is the other half of the Aubrey Set! You can get the pattern for the newborn – child size hat here. I will have the adult variations of both the cowls available here and hats available here
I had so much fun making these sets for my co-workers grand-daughters, and the little girls just loved them! I wish I had some pictures to share, but grandma forgot to take some, so maybe next visit.
22” (56 cm) around, 9” (23 cm) high
This list contains affiliate links that provide me with a small commission if you purchase your supplies from them.
- worsted weight yarn in as many colors as you like
- each cowl will use 100 g (3.5 oz) of yarn or less
- I used Loops and Threads Impeccable in
- Black, Arbor Rose, and Teal for one cowl
- White, Arbor Rose and Grape Punch for the other cowl
- 10 mm (N/15) crochet hook
- tapestry needle
- measuring tape
Abbreviations Used – US Crochet Terms
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- hdcblo – half double crochet in the back loop only
- fhdc – foundation half double crochet (optional)
- Ch 1 at the beginning of a row does not count as a stitch
- Work using 2 stands of yarn at the same time.
- For the same look as mine, I used 1 strand as white throughout the cowl, and every 3 rows switched my second color from white to pink to purple, in sequence
Leave a long tail, start with a slip and ch 21,
- or you can fhdc 20 and proceed to row 2
row 1: hdc in the 2nd ch from hook and each ch across (20 st)
row 2: ch 1, turn, hdcblo in each st across (20 st)
row 3- 28 repeat row 2
- or repeat row 2 until you cowl measures 22” (56 cm)
Tie off. Using your starting tail, sew the two ends of the cowl together. Weave in any ends.