26” (66 cm) around, 11” (28 cm) high
This list contains affiliate links that provide me with a small commission if you purchase your supplies from them.
- worsted weight yarn in as many colors as you like
- each cowl will use about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- I used Caron Cakes in Mixed Berry
- 10 mm (N/15) crochet hook
- tapestry needle
- measuring tape
Abbreviations Used – US Crochet Terms
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- hdcblo – half double crochet in the back loop only
- fhdc – foundation half double crochet (optional)
- Ch 1 at the beginning of a row does not count as a stitch
- Work using 2 stands of yarn at the same time.
- For the look shown, work from both ends of the Caron Cake at the same time, or if you have several partial cakes, work from 2 individual balls, trying NOT to line up the colors.
Leave a long tail, start with a slip knot and ch 27,
- or you can fhdc 26 and proceed to row 2
row 1: hdc in the 2nd ch from hook and each ch across (26 st)
row 2: ch 1, turn, hdcblo in each st across (26 st)
row 3- 28 repeat row 2
- or repeat row 2 until you cowl measures 26” (66 cm)
Tie off. Using your starting tail, sew the two ends of the cowl together. Weave in any ends.