Need a quick and easy baby blanket for that shower next weekend? Or do you just need a simple pattern to use up some of that self striping yarn?
Look no further, the Bundle of Love Baby Blanket Pattern is ready for you!
This is a continuous granny square, no joining rounds, or getting that tell tale line where you change rows. Completely seamless!
- Bernat Baby Bundle – 2 balls (250 g/8.8 oz) makes a baby blanket about 36” (91 cm) square
- you could use any yarn for this pattern to make any size square blanket
- 9.0 mm hook (N/15)
- tapestry needle
Abbreviations Used – US crochet terms
- ch – chain
- sl st – slip stitch
- dc – double crochet
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
Continuous Granny Square Pattern
start with a slip know, ch 4, sl st to form a ring
rnd 1: ch 3, (3 dc, ch 2) repeat 3 times, 3 dc, 2 sc in ch 3
rnd 2: ch 2, 3 dc in space between ch 3 and 1st dc
- skip 1st dc, dc in each st
- 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in ch 2 space
Continue to repeat the two steps above until you have about 3 or 4 color changes left in your second ball.
- If you are not using the same yarn, make sure you have enough for one more round.
Final rnd: starting with a corner, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 hdc) in the ch 2 corner
- sk the 1st st, hdc in each st across
- 2 hdc, ch 2, 3 hdc
Repeat the points above 3 times
- on the final edge, sk the first hdc, hdc in each st across, until the last 3 st, sc in the last 3 st.
Sl st to the ch 2 space. Finish off and weave in your ends.